January 2, 2011

I Resolve

So, it's resolution season, and I admit to making some myself. This was before my mother pointed out why she doesn't believe in resolutions herself. (If you can change yourself on January first, you can any day.) I seriously would like to change.
I'm done hating. It takes to much effort to stew over problems over and over. I get so upset and angry that I feel like crying, and am tired of that. Getting over how much I hate people isn't going to happen over night, but I'm hoping by the end of the month, I won't still be catching myself in mid-hateful-sentence.
Also, I've decided I need to be more productive, more reliable and less wasteful. I've always needed to be better at such things, and being organized. I can't get any worse, and have already turned down more things than I can chew, so such shouldn't be to difficult.
My only issue, you see, is my last resolution. It is, as per most people, to lose weight. The issue is not in the goal itself, or my lack of self control around food. No, it is in fact, how I view food and my relationship with it. I love it and hate it. I am full of guilt with each bite. I've symptoms of binge eating disorder and anorexia nervosa. I wouldn't say I'm EDNOS, but I'm afraid that, if I'm not smart, I will say such. And yet, I don't mind. In fact, part of me wants to be able to say that I've an eating disorder. I wanted pneumonia and a stomach bug, so why not an odd view of food and myself? I don't even know why at this point. Well, I do. Control.

Okay, done with the tangent.
TGU

1 comment:

  1. losing weight is not a bad goal in and of itself, as long as you're doing it for health reasons. i know what you mean, though; i've wished before for an eating disorder, even if it was only for a short period of time, so i get where you're coming from. remember, you are beautiful, even if you don't think so. smile at your reflection in the mirror at least once today, okay?

    ReplyDelete