October 1, 2009

All You Need Are Hugs

In my opinion, the world would be a better place, if everyone gave everyone else more hugs. It is not that I think we should all start jumping on each other, and cheating and lying in relationships. I just know that, if every day was Hug 'Me' day, I would be a lot happier. It is not that I think hugs are the niftiest things around, or I need human contact. It is that when I am getting a hug, I feel important, like someone cares about me. I have caring parents, and great friends who think of me and try to cheer me up, but sometimes it does not feel like much.
I come from a loving family. I have a mom and a dad, one set of surviving Grandparents, 5 Aunts and Uncles, and four cousins. Then, you have the friends of mom that are close enough to being blood realated, that they are treated as such. But, even with so many people around me, who I know care for me deeply, I still feel alone. I have so much of my own 'alone time,' I start to just crave attention. I just get the feeling as though no one wants to see me, and crawl up in a play, praying that someone would care enough to come and spend time with me. I am like a new puppy; if you leave them alone long enough, they can become destructive.
But, I do not become destructive. I do not chew pillows, or piss on the furnature, or rip up curtains. I just lose any shred of motivation I had left. We have pets up the wazoo; a dog, birds, cats- even a crayfish named puppy. But it still is not enough. I need human contact. This only child needs school to keep her spirits up. I may hate a lot of the people there, and they may like to laugh at me, but, atleast when I am at school, I do not feel so, alone.
So, if you know an only child, or someone who is depressed, or lives by themselves, Give them a hug. :)

The Girl Uninspired.

1 comment:

  1. i agree wholeheartedly. every day should be a "hug me" day!

    ReplyDelete