September 19, 2009

Anger Is Definatly Not Helpful

I get discouraged really easily, and I did this well before I showed any symptoms of depression. But now that I am depressed, my quick temper seems to make everything much worse. It is though I have lost any control of my emotions, and no longer can keep them in check. Not only does this make me feel terrible, but it has started to put a toll on all of my relationships with people.
I have four best friends who I go to school with, and I have two others who I call my long-distance best friends. I have more then four friends in school, but I am quickly losing them. I used to be able to hold my tongue and all of my sarcastic comments. But now, it is though, the second they start to complain or whine, I jump on them. I have become so much more irritable, and I do not know how to change. I am afraid that, if I can not change, and control my temper better, I may end high school with no friends.
What is even worse then how I over-react and get mad at my friends, is how I over-react and get very angry at my mother and father. I have yelled at my mother, causing her to get angry at me, and not talk to me. But, my biggest problem is when I clash with my father. We have a difference in opinion, and we go off. I have stoped trying to yell at him, or get him to see what I am trying to say. But after he yells at me, I am full of resentment, and I hold on to my anger. This clouds my judgment for the rest of the day, or week, and I do things to purposfully annoy him.
Yes, I hold a grudge. I do not know how to let things go. I can not be the only one who does this, can I? Do any of you have similar problems? Is anyone else really angry, all the time?

The Girl Uninspired

No comments:

Post a Comment